Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Urban Prepping and Self-Reliance

So why do I chose to have my homestead, self-reliance complex, prepping head quarters in a urban environment?  The reason I do is because I have no other option at this time.  I would love to have a 1,000 acre farm that I could hunt, fish, and farm on but at this point in my life it just is not feasible.  So I have decided if I can make this happen on my small city lot when its time for me to upgrade to a large property it should be easy to adapt.  Having two kids and a wife who works near by makes it hard to up root my family for both personal and financial reasons.  Most areas like Pittsburgh property values close by the city have risen to a point where a sizable piece of property is un affordable to the normal person.  I will continue to search for that hidden gem near by in our school district but I do not see it popping up any time soon.  So in the mean time while I am waiting to retire far far away or I find that hidden farm someone wants to give away, I will be figure out how to bring all my needs into my neighbor hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment