Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

A seed a day (Week 1)

So a while back in all my crazy thinking I wondered if I planted a seed a day would that be enough food to support my family?  With wanting to have a constant food source this will insure something is always ready to harvest.  Well today is the day we will start and see what will happen and how much we can grow. Tonight I planted 4 Parris Island Romaine lettuce seeds and 3 Iceberg lettuce seeds.  I planted these seeds in a store bought organic seed starting mix that I am not 100% happy with because it has large organic pieces in it.  After planting the seeds I placed them near a window where they will get plenty of light and hopefully be ready to go in my new covered beds in a couple weeks.  I will continue planting approximately 7 seeds a week and will track my harvests.

No comments:

Post a Comment