Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Covering plants and planting celery

 So I have been putting it off but with temps going into the 20's tonight I figured no more dragging my feet I better at least get what I have planted covered.  Right now I have two of my beds almost full with extras I was not able to take up and get planted at my aunts land where I have a large garden.  In the two raised beds I have planted right now I have spinach, arugula, cabbage, fennel, celery, and some miscellaneous onions.  After building Fridays hoop I decided I needed to add cross supports to every hoop.  These supports make the whole structure that much more rigid and stops the frame work from bowing due to the tension of the hoops.  These cross supports only add approximately $4 to each 4x12 foot cover.  For tonight I just draped the thick clear plastic over the hoops and tucked it in until I decide how I want to fasten it.  I hope to come up with a good idea to have easy access to my winter harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment