Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Introduction to my Homestead

So in the process of my family going self reliant I want people to be able to see our progress.  You can see our small city lot, house, garage, and play set,  Currently we only grow in 6 small raised beds and can produce more tomatoes and cucumbers then my family could ever dream of using.  How do you turn those 6 small beds into revalving crops and all the produce you could ever need? Well next year hopefully I will have my property turned into a self reliant homestead!  From the photos below you can see we are not dealing with allot of land but the biggest fear I have is the amount of shade I have not the amount of property.  I have had no problem growing on the north west side of home but we will see if this grows into a issue as my gardens grow.  I am currently working on the plans and locations of raised beds, a small green house, fences and such so we can maximize our use of space.  I hope you are as excited as I am to see the progress!








No comments:

Post a Comment