Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Big Plans


Canned Peppers
Colored Carrots
I am a 31 year old husband and father of two my dream has always been to have a family and a farm.  Well life changes and I have the family and for now trying to get a farm up and running.  This last summer I planted my city sized lot with 6 raised beds and got a good amount of food out of it.  We have always had gardens and have had success with plants such as peppers and tomatoes but is it possible to grow the majority of my families needs here?  How about storage of crops and winter crops?  Living close to Pittsburgh, PA we get a good amount of snow and canning and a winter garden will be a must. We have practiced our skills over the last few years growing and canning now to put a plan in place and follow it.  I hope to learn, teach, and make a plan to teach people to grow, preserve, and eat healthy.  Helping people be less reliant on the super market and save a little money in the process.
Big yield from a little garden.







No comments:

Post a Comment